If you’re about to start a construction project then obviously you’re investing a lot of money into it. So it is crucial that you hire a good builder for the job. You can trust a builder who is recommended by a friend or a family member. But otherwise you should make sure that the builder is right for the job. There are various things that you should ask your builder before hiring. If you hire a good builder for the project then you won’t have to worry much about the project but if you hire a deceitful builder then you’ll find that you’re spending more money on the project than you should have spent. Also a bad builder would not do the job properly which can become a problem for you. If you’ve never hired a construction company for any project before then below are some questions that you should definitely ask your builder before you hire him for the job :
• The first thing that you should ask your builder is whether he has got a license or not. It is needless to say that you should only hire a builder who has license. Many people hire builders who aren’t licensed simply because of the fact that they would have to spend less on builders who aren’t licensed than on licensed builders. There are quite a number of incidents where someone had to face problems for hiring unlicensed builders.
• You should check whether a builder has had problems after they completed a project before. By asking this you’ll be able to know that whether a builder a reliable or not. You will also get an idea of how good their work is.
• A very important thing that you should ask your builder is whether at some point they were bankrupt. A bankrupt company can quit suddenly after starting the project leaving it unfinished. If that happens then you’d have to find another builder who will complete the project. This can be hard because oftentimes construction companies are unwilling to take up such a project.
• After that you should ask your builder whether they are based near the area where the construction will take place. If a builder has to travel a distance to reach the place then sometimes they might not take up the project but if they do, they might have to hire people for the job who might not be able to do a good job.
• After that you should ask who will be supervising the construction. You should make sure that the person has a clean record and is professional.
• You should ask the builder if you can see a project that they have completed. If you see such specimens you’ll know about the quality of their work and you’ll also know whether the builder is experienced at the type of work he’ll be doing for you. You can ask for feedback from that company’s clients.
• You should also ask your builder if they’ll be involved in other projects when they’ll be working on your project.