Planning and upgrading the bathroom is not an easy task. Bathroom is often the most neglected rooms of the house, even though you are full of enthusiasm initially. Unlike, the other rooms in the house the tiles for the bathroom are particularly different. A lot of care has to be taken before and after selecting the tile for your bathroom. Choosing the right tiles for your bathroom needs some careful consideration. Here are some simple factors that you would like to consider while buying tiles for your bathroom.
• Material of the tiles: it is important for you to know that when using tiles for flooring of the bathroom, not all tiles are suitable. Thus, the material of the tile should be your top most priority to decide which tile to buy. There is high moisture content in the bathroom so a material that shall be suitable for the same should be bought. You need tiles that will not wear off because of the moisture. However, if high humidity strips such as lamination is used it might make the floors very slippery when wet. This can lead to accidents. The glossy mosaic tiles work well on floors of your bathroom because they are easy to clean and provide traction. The characteristics of natural stones, ceramics and porcelain make them ideal ones for this purpose.
• The size of the tile: the size of the tile is also an equally important factor you have to consider. Tiles that are big in size are ideally for wall decorations and to be used on walls. Big tiles are not very suitable for floor use. Sizes usually that are 12 by 12 inches allow perfect drainage channels. Tiles that are relatively larger in size allow a lot of water to accumulate and pools to form. Thus, big tiles would mean that you will have to drain the water every time you are through with the time.
• Color palette: the best bathroom tiles are those that have the right color of the tiles. A bathroom with white tiles provides best reflection. It also enhances the beauty and visibility of the bathroom. Even floors that are dull colored make the bathroom look very uncomfortable. So, choose colors that are bright and light for your bathroom tiles.
• Design of the floor: the concept of the bathroom should also be based on the overall concept of the home. The designs that have been used in the house should blend in with the design you use for the bathroom. Choose a design that is beautiful and you know about. Hence, you know that the bathroom design is also an important factor that you would like to consider.
• Trying the internet: today, internet is loaded with pictures and ideas of tiles that would go well with the bathroom. There are many websites that are available. They dedicate their time to offer you the best information and idea regarding bathroom tiles. So, try their services and use their recommendation before purchasing any.